We are delighted to announce that the next Tranmere Rovers Futsal Leagues will commence on Monday 5th September.
Having now had the Leagues up and running for a year and having taken feedback from teams and the referees, we will be making some changes to the format. These are all designed to make the games more enjoyable for all participants:
1. U7 and U8 teams will play matches of 2 x 15 minutes, on one of the 2 mid-sized pitches.
2. Adult and Veteran teams will play matches of 2 x 20 minutes on the full National League single pitch.
3. All other age groups will play matches of 2 x 20 minutes on one of the 2 mid-sized pitches.
4. Teams will be required to pay their fees one week in advance (for practicality, teams will be asked at the first League match to pay their fees for that week and the next). Any team cancelling will forfeit their fee for the relevant week. This rule has been introduced to reduce the number of last minute cancellations and “no shows”, which have been highlighted as one of the main sources of frustration for teams. We would encourage teams to have squad sizes large enough to accommodate individual absences without disruption to the playing schedule. We will schedule the Leagues to avoid dates where we know teams are likely to have difficulty (eg Bonfire night).
5. All participating teams will be required to accept and adhere to a Code of Conduct (attached).
6. Fees will remain unchanged at £25 per team, save for U7s who are charged at £20 and the adult teams who will in future be playing on the National League pitch, and whose fee will accordingly rise to £30 per team.
7. Teams wishing to enter multiple teams in the same age category should ensure that different players are used for each team (ie the same player cannot in the same season play for the A team and the B team).
8. The Leagues will be a simple league table format with the team scoring the most points winning the league (ie no semi-finals or finals).
9. Trophy winners for the Autumn Leagues will receive their trophies at a half time presentation on the pitch at Tranmere Rovers Football Club.
Teams wishing to participate in the Autumn Leagues should notify us by e mail on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We would also be grateful if any current league participants who do NOT want to participate in the Autumn Leagues could let us know as soon as possible.