Please find below important Futsal information which you will need in order to register your interest for the upcoming leagues. Please read the information carefully and send your completed forms back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tranmere Rovers are delighted to announce that the FA have approved a request for the club to field a team in the FA National Futsal League Division 2 for the 2016/17 season.
Extensive work has taken place at Prenton Park over the last 18 months to create the Futsal Hub, a purpose-built state-of-the-art venue which will host all home matches.
Tranmere Chairman Mark Palios said: “Over the past year we have been pursuing a strategy to put futsal at a heart of much that we are doing here at the Club. We have developed a strong community offering, with approximately 100 teams now playing in the Tranmere Rovers Futsal Leagues, and this season we are focusing on putting futsal at the heart of what we are doing within our Academy, with the introduction of a Futsal Foundation Programme for 5-8 year olds and a Futsal Academy for U12 – U16s, as well as integrating futsal into the curriculum for our football Academy. Having our own elite futsal team playing under the Tranmere name was the logical next step.”
Nicola Palios said: “At present Futsal remains largely an amateur game in England which has been a barrier to some elite players pursuing their playing ambitions at the highest level. The fact that we have both community and elite aspects to our futsal offering means we have a number of job roles in futsal development available at the Club. There is therefore an interesting possibility for elite players to combine their own sporting passion with a job that enables them to cultivate the same interest in others.”
Ed Bryers, previously a player for Super League team Manchester Futsal, is the first major recruit to be announced. Ed said “As a life-long Tranmere fan, I am delighted that it is my club which is taking something of a lead in terms of professional club support for the game. I have taken a step-down from Super League to play here, but that is because I believe in the exciting vision that has been created here and want to be part of the success story that I am sure it is going to become.”
Following rapid expansion of the Tranmere Rovers Futsal Leagues and Ronnie Johnson’s wish to step down from his role, the administration of the Leagues is now being brought in house.
We would like to record our public thanks to Ronnie who played a hugely important part in helping us to bring our vision for Futsal at Tranmere to life, and getting so many new people in Wirral playing the game.
We wish Ronnie and Liverpool Futsal all the best for the future.
*PLEASE NOTE – The main point of contact will remain to be the email@example.com email address.
We are delighted to announce that the next Tranmere Rovers Futsal Leagues will commence on Monday 5th September.
Having now had the Leagues up and running for a year and having taken feedback from teams and the referees, we will be making some changes to the format. These are all designed to make the games more enjoyable for all participants:
1. U7 and U8 teams will play matches of 2 x 15 minutes, on one of the 2 mid-sized pitches.
2. Adult and Veteran teams will play matches of 2 x 20 minutes on the full National League single pitch.
3. All other age groups will play matches of 2 x 20 minutes on one of the 2 mid-sized pitches.
4. Teams will be required to pay their fees one week in advance (for practicality, teams will be asked at the first League match to pay their fees for that week and the next). Any team cancelling will forfeit their fee for the relevant week. This rule has been introduced to reduce the number of last minute cancellations and “no shows”, which have been highlighted as one of the main sources of frustration for teams. We would encourage teams to have squad sizes large enough to accommodate individual absences without disruption to the playing schedule. We will schedule the Leagues to avoid dates where we know teams are likely to have difficulty (eg Bonfire night).
5. All participating teams will be required to accept and adhere to a Code of Conduct (attached).
6. Fees will remain unchanged at £25 per team, save for U7s who are charged at £20 and the adult teams who will in future be playing on the National League pitch, and whose fee will accordingly rise to £30 per team.
7. Teams wishing to enter multiple teams in the same age category should ensure that different players are used for each team (ie the same player cannot in the same season play for the A team and the B team).
8. The Leagues will be a simple league table format with the team scoring the most points winning the league (ie no semi-finals or finals).
9. Trophy winners for the Autumn Leagues will receive their trophies at a half time presentation on the pitch at Tranmere Rovers Football Club.
Teams wishing to participate in the Autumn Leagues should notify us by e mail on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. We would also be grateful if any current league participants who do NOT want to participate in the Autumn Leagues could let us know as soon as possible.
Tranmere Rovers in the Community will also be running another Futsal Course for children aged 6-12 inclusive on Tuesday 31 May.
The course will take place in the state-of-the-art Tranmere Rovers Futsal Hub at Prenton Park and will offer the children the opportunity to learn the rules and some of the skills which are part of futsal while having lots of fun.
Futsal is the fastest growing sport in the world, and many of the skills which are picked up by playing the indoor version of football, can be used outdoors on the grass. It is a fantastic development tool, particularly for young players who are just learning the game.
The children will need to bring a packed lunch and drink, make sure they are wearing appropriate clothing and footwear for the indoor hard floor and they must wear shin pads.
The session will run from 10am until 3pm and is open for up to 40 children on Tuesday 31 May.
You can book your place now by email to email@example.com or by calling 0151 608 2354.